Re: Tool suggestions for new formats?

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 08:30:40AM +0100, Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 03:43:42AM +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 17:28:39 -0800, Rodrigo Gallardo wrote:
> > > Part of my usual workflow with the 1.0 format is to do an interdiff on
> > > the .diff.gz from the previous version
> >
> > Just use debdiff, which even supports stuff like comparing a source
> > format 1.0 against a 3.0.
>
> By unpacking ?

Apparently. From debdiff(1):

  If debdiff is passed two source packages (.dsc files) it will
  compare the contents of the source packages.  If the source packages
  differ only in Debian revision number (that is, the .orig.tar.gz files
  are the same in the two .dsc files), then interdiff(1) will be used to
  compare the two patch files if this program is available on the
  system, otherwise a diff will be performed between the two source
  trees.