Tool suggestions for new formats?

Part of my usual workflow with the 1.0 format is to do an interdiff on
the .diff.gz from the previous version to the one I intend to upload,
to check that the changes correspond to what my vcs says they are. Now
that the changes are in a tarball, are there any recommended tools to
do that comparison?

A quick check on the intertubes found this
 http://tardiff.coolprojects.org/
Anyone tried it? What package would this (or some other equivalent but
better suggestion) be a good addition to? devscripts?