Anjal package needs RPATH, which is considered an error

Dear List,

I'm facing an issue when packaging the Anjal [1] mail client for
Debian.

Anjal is another GUI front-end for Evolution designed for small form
factor devices. So naturally Anjal depends upon many .so libraries in
the Evolution package. But those .so libraries is considered private
by Evolution so they are installed in /usr/lib/evolution/2.28. To use
them Anjal is built by using RPATH that point to
/usr/lib/evolution/2.28, and this is considered by lintian to be an
error (it was warning before).

Evolution upstream developers don't agree to move those Evolution .so
libraries into /usr/lib since they are private, should not be used by
other programs and there's no intention to maintain a stable API of
them. Anjal is considered a part of Evolution project so the API
between Anjal and Evolution will be maintained by Evo upstream.

So any suggestions on how can I package Anjal for Debian and use the
.so files in the evolution package?

My idea is to create symlinks of those libraries in
/usr/lib/anjal/0.1/
so Anjal won't need to use RPATH that point to
/usr/lib/evolution/2.28/.
Though I'm not sure if this is a clean way.

Thank you very much.

[1] http://live.gnome.org/Anjal/

--
Li, Yan