Re: Bits from the FTPMaster meeting

On mar., 2009-11-17 at 14:07 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Although it sounds a bit sillogical, if for some architectures we do not build
> the packages that have no users, no user will complain. So why not ?

Well, I'm not really sure we can expect our user to follow unstable and
each and every FTBFS on their arch. I think quite a lot of people just
happily use stable releases, and have little to no interaction with
build system and BTS (because, you know, things do work fine, mostly, so
you don't have anything to report). They day you want to upgrade to the
next version you read the release notes and you see a huge list of
package which aren't available on one or another arch, but it's too
late.

Unless your proposal is just for unstable but doesn't want to change the
policy for testing migration?

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis