Re: GDM, getty and VTs

Quoting Kurt Roeckx (kurt@roeckx.be):

> >       * I don't think we need more than 2 of these. They are still
> >         useful for servers or when some disaster happens in the GUI, but
> >         who opens 6 console sessions nowadays?
>
> I still have 12 console sessions open, and use screen to have
> more of them.

I hardly think this is Joe Random User's setup..:-)

Not considering the technical backgorund (which is of course an easy
stance), it could be really interesting to have *by default* the
default X session on tty1, when a display manager is used, and
something like 2 other console sessions on tty2 and tty3.

Of course, if no *dm is used, then the system should logically default
to N consoles with the first one on tty1. I'd say that N should, in
such case, be greater than 2.