Re: Lintian based autorejects

Hi,

On Sonntag, 1. November 2009, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I think it's a very positive step forward for the archive as a
> whole to start doing auto-rejects for some major Lintian tags,

I only agree partially. IMO auto-rejects for _introducing_ certain lintian
tags (in sid/exp) is right as it is also for _keeping_ certian lintian tags -
but those (lists of tags) should not neccessarily be the same (lists).

Doing a munin upload following FHS for /var/www doesnt help, but rather harms,
if the upgrade path is sloopy.

And yet, some FHS violations just seem to be treated as important (#523920),
while others are more than serious (not being able to upload with some FHS
violations, which IMO have less consequences...)

/var/www is a quite cosmetic issue while #523920 actually harms
functionality...

bla,
	Holger