Re: Lintian based autorejects

> On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 01:34:37PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> On behalf of the other four Policy maintainers who aren't Manoj and who
>> so far as I know you don't have personal conflicts with, let me just
>> say "gee, thanks."  This is how we can ensure that Policy continues not
>> to be the document that it should be and people have to keep reading
>> multiple documents to figure out what they're required to do.

> I think the ftp team and Manoj are in practice already achieving this,
> by making the archive block packages over issues that have never been
> violations of Policy "must" requirements and filing serious bugs for the
> same.

All Manoj is doing is filing bugs.  Anyone can do that.  I don't see any
reason why that would make anything harder in the long run.

We knew this decision by the ftp team was coming for a while, and will
require checking against our other documents and probably changes to the
severity of various rules.  It's going to take changes to Lintian as well
as Policy.  I think it's a very positive step forward for the archive as a
whole to start doing auto-rejects for some major Lintian tags, so I'm
happy to help do the work there, as much as I have time to do so.  (I'm
still somewhat on vacation, although back to having regular access.)