Re: debian/rules "make -f" restriction

Am Mittwoch, den 28.10.2009, 19:05 -0500 schrieb Manoj Srivastava:
> > The solution we have right now is in some way "elegant", because you have
> > only to deal with a standard debian/rules and besides the different
> > shebang line there's nothing else to care about.
>
>         Actually, there is. My states makefile can no longer
> include debian/rules, because, you see, it is not a makefile. There are
> other ways that it does not look like a makefile, walk like a makefile,
> or quack like one.

I do not see how the shebang-line of debian/rules affects the ability to
include debian/rules from other Makefiles, as far as i can see, the the
shebang-line would be completely ignored in this case. (Which would
result in behaving like it does in the normal Debian build process.)

Regards,
Thomas

--
Thomas Schmidt, Debian VDR Team