Re: Lintian based autorejects

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 01:34:11AM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org> (28/10/2009):
> > What that has to do with lintian based auto-rejects, I'm not really
> > sure, but thanks.
>
> Files were installed in binary packages (built on autobuilders with
> the brand new toolchain packages) within unusual locations (resulting
> in quite broken packages), which lintian would have caught.

I completely agree that there should be filtering on binary packages
too. Actually, I think that this may be more important. The reason is
that good Debian Developers will be checking the things they upload,
so they should never have to have packages auto-rejected (if they're
doing their job right). However, if some build-dep breaks between the
time the source upload happens and the buildd actually building the
package, and causes the resulting .deb to be broken, who's fault is
it? There's no human manually looking over that .deb, and lintian
could detect some of these problems.

--
Ryan Niebur