Re: Lintian based autorejects

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 03:06:07PM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Heyho,
>
> we are turning on lintian based autorejects within the next few days.
> This means that packages failing a defined set of lintian tags will no
> longer be accepted into the archive, but get rejected immediately.
> This should help to get rid of the worst policy violations before
> wasting time and resources of other people.

this is probably a question more for lintian maintainers, but...  what
should we do if lintian is buggy and falsely claims our package has
one of these tags? IIRC lintian maintainers normally say to not use an
override and just ignore it until the bug is fixed. But if that's
going to cause our package to be REJECTed, I guess that's not an
option..so should we just override it? also, it would be nice to have
a way to run lintian so that it will only list problems that will
cause a REJECT, and have it exit with non-zero if any of those are not
overriden (or are overriden but not allowed to be overriden).

--
Ryan Niebur