Re: Lintian based autorejects

Hi Joerg, ftp people,

2009/10/27 Joerg Jaspert <joerg@ganneff.de>:
> Heyho,
>
> we are turning on lintian based autorejects within the next few days.
> This means that packages failing a defined set of lintian tags will no
> longer be accepted into the archive, but get rejected immediately.
> This should help to get rid of the worst policy violations before
> wasting time and resources of other people.

\o/! many thanks for that, it is much appreciated that we finally have
an automated filter.

> Those automated rejects will only be done on sourceful uploads to
> unstable and experimental.

Great, thanks; I was afraid this could interfere with uploads to stable.
[...]
> If you think we should add tags or categorize them differently, feel
> free to mail us at ftpmaster@debian.org.

Yes, please add wrong-file-owner-uid-or-gid to the list of "errors"
(although this one makes sense to be applied on a per-binary basis).
And why not FSSTND-dir-in-usr?
package-contains-info-dir-file detects some cases where it would
currently prevent the package from being installed, so its addition to
the warnings list would be great.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer