Re: Something like Pre-Depends for Suggests

Josselin Mouette wrote:
> A possible solution to this kind of issue is to create a package
> available-mysql-server, which Depends: mysql-server |
> dummy-mysql-server. The dummy-mysql-server could simply drop a note
> indicating that you need to configure the remote server. Not very simple
> for the user, I’m afraid, but more reliable.

Why the available-mysql-server package ?
You should be able to directly depend on mysql-server | dummy-mysql-server

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87