Re: Faster boot by running init.d scripts in parallel

[Manoj Srivastava]
>  I rebooted, and I still get init.d/rc is starting startpar. I do
>  not have any line with CONCURRENCY= in /etc/default/rcS, commented
>  or otherwise. There is definitely a bug somewhere.

Very strange.  This do not happen when I test without the CONCURRENCY
value set.  Is the message "Using startpar-style concurrent boot in
runlevel 2" or "Using makefile-style concurrent boot in runlevel 2"
printed during boot, to indicate that concurrent booting is enabled?
It is not printed when I test.

Anyway, probably best to move this discussion to BTS, as a bug against
sysv-rc?  No idea how to reproduce, and no clue what the problem is.
Will probably need both to be able to change the behaviour.  Of course
if you are happy with concurrent booting, no need to fix it. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen