Re: Policy §10.4 as a divergence from usptream (renamings to remove extensions like .pl and .sh).

David Goodenough <david.goodenough@btconnect.com> wrote:

> I am a newcommer to this particular bit of policy, but it occurs to me that
> the answer is to add links to the original commands to conform to
> Debian standards while leaving the upstream commands intact.

That would horribly clutter the bin directories.  I think the approach
with a /usr/share/$packagename/bin/ that contains the old names as
links, and can be added to PATH, is the best we can do for supporting
scripts that assume extensions.

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster