Re: Policy §10.4 as a divergence from usptream (renamings to remove extensions like .pl and .sh).

Le mardi 29 septembre 2009 à 13:21 +0800, Paul Wise a écrit :
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Reinhard Tartler <siretart@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Would you consider this a blocker to inclusion into Debian? Upstream may
> > either release very slowly or may just not care about Debian, which
> > would result in the package to never end up in Debian.
>
> I'd consider not fixing it in the .deb (irrespective of what upstream
> does) as a blocker.
>
> Having an uncooperative upstream would likely make me think twice
> about putting it in Debian in the first place.

You can also try to make the world look like you want not adapt your
eyes to see the world as is, no?

Please note that upstream could not adapt themselves to all distribution
policies which may be contradictory, but a distribution could and
probably should adapt itself to upstream.

In addition, many of upstream won't change their work just because we
want them to do so because of our policy. In my case, I tried many times
and most of my tries failed. You can not force others to adopt the same
vision as you (at least in a democratic world).

I consider this is a nice to have, that's all.

Abou Al Montacir,