Re: Policy §10.4 as a divergence from usptream (renamings to remove extensions like .pl and .sh).

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:

>> I know that there has already been much of talk about this, but I am
>> am getting more and more uncomfortable removing .pl or .sh extensions
>> from programs when upstream does not.
>
> So get upstream to change their filenames before packaging them for Debian.

Would you consider this a blocker to inclusion into Debian? Upstream may
either release very slowly or may just not care about Debian, which
would result in the package to never end up in Debian.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4