Re: Seeking advice on packaging of pion-net

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 10:17:43PM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> Source: pion-net
> Binary: libpion-net-dev, libpion-net-2.1.8, libpion-common-2.1.8,
> libpion-net-2.1.8-dbg, libpion-common-2.1.8-dbg, libpion-net-doc
>
> The problem, as I see it, with this arrangement is, that when a new
> upstream released, like 2.1.9, then four of the package names will
> change, resulting in the need for the new upstream to pass NEW
> processing.

> I don't currently plan to package and reverse dependencies.

In that case, another option might be not to package the libraries at
all for now (or maybe just a static library as unversioned -dev
package), and only start doing so if somebody requests it.

Did you try to discuss the library versioning scheme with upstream?

Michael