Re: replacing libreadline5-dev build dependency with libreadline-dev

On Sun, Sep 13 2009, Matthias Klose wrote:

> Both libreadline-dev (>= 6.0) and libreadline6-dev are now available
> in unstable and testing. If possible, please replace the
> libreadline5-dev build dependency with libreadline-dev, so that in
> future changes of the libreadline soname binNMU's can be used for this
> kind of update.

        I had libreadline5-dev | libreadline-dev, based on the premise
 that the former would be a concrete package, and the latter not, but I
 am now using
  libreadline-dev | libreadline6-dev | libreadline5-dev
 to be friendly to back porters (thus the prepend, not replace)

        manoj
--
No matter what happens, there is always someone who knew it would.