Re: Explicitely Cc bug reporters

Le Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 11:38:47PM -0400, Felipe Sateler a écrit :

> A lot has been said about CCing submitters, but what about other
> contributors? Is there any reason someone would want to comment on a bug
> report and _not_ be notified of further messaging on it?

Hi all,

during last year’s “bug sprint”, I was assigned a long mozilla bug and a big
part of the work was to read all messages to collect the email addresses of the
users who added their experience in order to re-ping them. Although on the
technical part I was not able to do anything, I thing the mass ping I made
helped to re-gain the momentum that led this bug to be closed.

So from the point of view of this experience, I definitely support the idea of
having a mechanism to contact all the contributors to a bug, although I am
unsure if it would be a good default.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy