Re: Explicitely Cc bug reporters

> I don't think this level of opt-out achieves anything.  Perhaps owing to
> the existing BTS handling, I'm very conscious of whether a given message
> I write to the BTS should be seen by the submitter (and the answer is
> almost always yes).  A submitter opting out of receiving mail isn't
> going to get substantially less mail from me, it's just going to make me
> work harder to send it to them by Cc:or bounce when I find their email
> address through the web interface.  And if they make it impossible for
> me to send them follow-up mails (such as by rejecting the mail), I'll
> close their bug.

I guess my point is more that it would be nice to have an explicit way for
the bug reporter to say "I don't care about this bug any more, please stop
contacting me about it" and then the maintainer can decide whether to keep
the bug open or not.

But maybe this is rare enough that we don't need technical support for it.