Re: Explicitely Cc bug reporters

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 10:07:13AM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Sep 2009, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > How much support must be shown for such an implementation to see it
> > > done?
>
> > No additional me too messages are needed; I just wanted to wait to see
> > if there was some compelling objections before changing the default.
> > Since there haven't been any, I'll be implementing the fast version
> > (nnn@bdo and nnn-submitter@bdo always Cc: the submitter) and once I
> > get a chance to delve into EoC (or whatever I end up using) fix it
> > properly.
>
> But I think making further changes to let submitters opt out via EoC
> is *not* fixing it properly, and want to dissuade you from doing
> that :-)

What I want is for submitters to be able to opt out of receiving
routine mails to the bug (not by default, but by unsubscribing), but
make nnn-submitter be for cases when you want to be sure the submitter
gets a copy. Until I implement this, though, nnn-submitter and nnn
will be synonymous.

Don Armstrong

--
This message brought to you by weapons of mass destruction related
program activities, and the letter G.