Re: Explicitely Cc bug reporters

Frans Pop schrieb:
> Paul Wise wrote:
>> I personally prefer not to be CCed on bug reports. I don't want to
>> recieve any mail about a bug unless it is asking me to supply more
>> information.
>
> So you *do* want to be CCed if the maintainer needs more information.
>
> Then there's one thing I don't get.
> - if we change the default to "always CC", nobody is going to explicitly
>   CC submitters anymore; that's only logical, correct?
> - you choose not to subscribe
> - ergo, you will never see any requests for additional information
>
> How would you solve that problem within your proposal?

	I'm seeing exactly this problem with the proposal. IMHO we really need
a way to definitely get the submitter and we need to use that whenever
we need a answer. subscribing the submitter to ??????@bugs.d.o by
default and giving the option to unsubscribe will just increase the
number of Maintainers not thinking of CC the submitter.

	I don't care if we have -submitter to reach the submitter or
-nosubmitter or whatever to keep him of the loop but a way to maybe
reach the submitter and depending on that is really worse than what we
have now.

Regards

	Christoph

--
/"\  ASCII Ribbon : GPG-Key ID: 0x0372275D
\ /    Campaign   : GPG 4096R : 0xD49AE731

http://www.christoph-egger.org/