Re: Explicitely Cc bug reporters

Paul Wise wrote:
> I personally prefer not to be CCed on bug reports. I don't want to
> recieve any mail about a bug unless it is asking me to supply more
> information.

So you *do* want to be CCed if the maintainer needs more information.

Then there's one thing I don't get.
- if we change the default to "always CC", nobody is going to explicitly
  CC submitters anymore; that's only logical, correct?
- you choose not to subscribe
- ergo, you will never see any requests for additional information

How would you solve that problem within your proposal?

As I've mentioned before, IMO there is only one valid reason to
unsubscribe from BRs after we change the default, and that is if you
*already* receive follow-ups because
- the package has Maintainer set to a mailing list and you are subscribed
  to that list
- you are subscribed to bug mails for the package through the PTS

I'm sorry that you consider receiving follow-ups an inconvenience, but IMO
the benefit of in general being sure submitters will get follow-ups
outweighs that.

It will also solve the problem that I've seen numerous times that CCs from
me directly get rejected by submitters through overly aggressive spam
filtering. (And yes, I do send out mails through my ISP.)

Cheers,
FJP