Re: Explicitely Cc bug reporters

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 05:08:00PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> When the maintainer think the bug reporter is not to be annoyed, then he
> should mail nnn-silent or whatever, because that is the exception.

Full ACK.

> Not the reverse. This is a major (if not _THE_ major) annoyance with the
> BTS. FWIW this is a long discussed issue, and the BTS maintainers do not
> share this opinion (that mailing nnnn@ should also mail the submitter)
> so we're basically stuck.

Conceptually, what "we" want is trivial: we want submitter to be
subscribed (in the sense of "bts subscribe") by default. If they want,
they are free to opt unsubscribing.

We currently even have procmail recipe to automatically subscribe upon
BTS ack receipt, that should be the default and the recipes reverted to
unsubscribe by default who doesn't want subscription.

Cheers.