Re: Bits from the release team: Release goals, schedule, state of the union

Hello,

2009/8/26 Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de>:
> Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com> writes:
>> Just as a minor correction, the goal is to install shared libraries
>> and include files for several architectures, instead binaries, that
>> might be done at squeeze+1, but the picture has not been drawn yet.
>
> Both statements are ambigious.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong but the plan is to allow installing of
> multiple architectures of the same shared library in parallel and
> installing binaries from different architectures but never the same
> binary from multiple architectures in parallel.

ATM, that's the plan.

> So far there is no plan at all at allowing multiple architectures for
> the same binary to be installed in parallel other than individual
> packages using alternatives or a common wrapper script where it is
> really needed.

Right, this plan needs to be written (as an extension to current spec)
and it needs to be taken under consideration but not for squeeze
release, but for squeeze+X release.

Kind regards,
    --  Héctor Orón