Re: Release goal: Getting rid of unneeded *.la / emptying dependency_libs

Le mardi 25 août 2009 à 23:24 -0700, Russ Allbery a écrit :
> That's what symbol versioning is for, in the general case.  Provided that
> each library provides its own functions for accessing its own objects and
> doesn't let you look under the hood into objects that are directly based
> on underlying library ABIs, this normally works.  The specific case of gtk
> and glib is incestuous in ways that makes it hard to come up with a robust
> solution.

This is the reason why GLib/GObject has the strongest API/ABI stability
requirements of all libraries from the GNOME platform. When it changes
in an incompatible way, we will need new versions for all libraries
using the GLib types or GObject system.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :