Re: Relation between Suggests and Enhances

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 01:44:49AM +0100, James Westby wrote:
> I see it as an almost bi-directional relationship, but one that allows
> you to add it to the package that "cares" about it more.

So the answers somehow draw a sketch about the concept behind the
Enhances field - but is it technically implemented somehow?

I even failed to grep "man apt-get" for the string "suggests" so
I think I can not do something like

   apt-get --include-suggest install

or something like this (not that I really would have missed this and
I know that we have tools that are enabling to install the suggested
packages - but out of completeness I would have expected such a switch
somehow) and so I will probably even less be able to do

   apt-get --consider-enhances install

or so.  Is there any tool that parses the Enhances field and enables
any action accoridng to this?

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--