Re: Relation between Suggests and Enhances

James Westby <jw+debian@jameswestby.net> writes:

> Ben Finney wrote:
> > Yet a package of a plugin should surely have a ‘Depends’
> > relationship to the application package. Adding an ‘Enhances’
> > relationship seems redundant in that case.
>
> No, there are plenty of packages which depend on another without
> enhancing the latter in a way that is interesting to users.
[…]

> Consider a package that can optionally GPG encrypt it's output.
[…]

    Package: foo
    Depends: iceweasel
    Suggests: gnupg

> Now consider the large number of iceweasel extensions that we could
> have in the archive
[…]

    Package: bar
    Depends: iceweasel
    Enhances: iceweasel

Thanks, that does make it clearer.

--
 \      “People always ask me, ‘Where were you when Kennedy was shot?’ |
  `\                        Well, I don't have an alibi.” —Emo Philips |