Re: Relation between Suggests and Enhances

Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> writes:

> On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 22:36 +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> > As I understand it, "A enhances B" has (more or less) the same
> > effect as "B suggests A". Thus, the reverse Suggests relation would
> > be redundant.
>
> A plugin "enhances" the application it works in, but the application
> should not normally suggest all its plugins

Yet a package of a plugin should surely have a ‘Depends’ relationship to
the application package. Adding an ‘Enhances’ relationship seems
redundant in that case.

Is there a better example of when ‘Enhances’ is the right relationship
to use? A concrete example of such a case from the archive would be good
(even if the packages don't yet have ‘Enhances’ declared).

--
 \      “It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.” |
  `\                                                    —Steven Wright |