Re: What's the use for Standards-Version?

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>         I do not have a strong opinion about this, apart from the fact
>>  that it must be present in the sources when someone is looking to
>>  update the package, and it should be accessible before downloading all
>>  the sources. So having it in the diff.gz and PTS would be good enough.
>
> The PTS gets it from Sources.gz so removing it is not really an option.

PTS could read data from an other file.

BTW also Maintainer and Uploader fiels are uselessly exported.
The real maintainers and uploaders are defined by the values in the
last uploaded package, not from actual package.
[BTW sometime maintainers are also partially defined by wnpp reports]

ciao
	cate