Re: Automatic Debug Packages

["Followup-To:" header set to gmane.linux.debian.devel.general.]
On 2009-08-11, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
>> If it's legal to ship debugging symbols for them, I can't see why we
>> couldn't support them normally.
> The point is that you can't do this with an archive area, at least using
> the simple algorithm I proposed above.

Well you can.  I always thought concrete sections etc. are an implementation
detail that has nothing to do with policy, but ok.

Volatile uses volatile/main/<section> (which is a pain yet to be solved by
moving to ftp-master), but you could as well do debug/<component>/<section>.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern