Re: Automatic Debug Packages

On Tue, Aug 11 2009, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> Le mardi 11 août 2009 à 10:11 -0500, Manoj Srivastava a écrit :
>>         Except you have not indicated how you (or debhelper) is going to
>>  intercept ld to add the requisite arguments.
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-changes/2009/07/msg01229.html

        So the proposal is to add --enable-linker-build-id to CFLAGS?

        OK, I guess that would work. But you still have the advantage,
 using the current debug link mechanism, of looking to see if you have
 debug symbols for a given executable/library easily, without having to
 compute potentially 3 checksums (depending on which algorithm was
 selected at build time) and trying to match that (in multiple

        Can you  point ot me the disadvantage of continuing to use what
 dh_strip does now?

I have the simplest tastes.  I am always satisfied with the best. Oscar