Re: Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 "Squeeze" release goals

On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 01:46:17PM +0200, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > I'm eager for more details, in particular:
>
> In addition:
>
> I seem to remember that some arch:all packages can only be built on
> some architectures due to being firmware for specific CPUs or similar.
> Will there be a Build-Arch field or a way to override discarding
> uploaded .debs?

Most of the packages containing a firmware for specific CPUs (I am sure
for openbios-ppc and openbios-sparc) can be built using a
cross-compiler. That's probably something we should allow in the archive
if this is implemented, and in the case of openbios, that would mean a
single source package can be used instead.

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73