Re: Automatic Debug Packages

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 02:18:49PM +0200, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> I've written down the details in the wiki [2], and I'll appreciate
> it if you could give some feeback. I don't want to trash this
> completely though, so no drastic changes preferred :)

I wonder how C-specific is your proposal. In particular, I wonder if
other compilers / interpreters which might provide debugging symbols
can benefit from it. My specific case is OCaml, where we can build
libraries with debugging information even though we usually don't do
that. While I guess the archive part of the infrastructure (.ddeb
handlings) is pretty independent from .ddeb content, I'm not sure
about the helpers, but we can of course provide our own extra
helpers. Can you comment on that?

Thanks for the initiative!