Re: Automatic Debug Packages

Michael Banck wrote:
> Maybe it is reasonable to expect the package gets built on the buildd?
> AIUI, this is the way Debian is heading anyway.
>
> So while it is not required to build a .deb via dpkg-buildpackage; .debs
> distributed by Debian will be at some point.

I saw some complaints in debian-policy when this issue (dpkg-buildpackage by
default, and it setting some env variables) came to the list, so I'm not sure
there's consensus about that. If there is, I could try that approach (which may
probably be better than helper tools), but if there's not I'm not sure, as we
want build reproducibility.

Cheers,
Emilio