Re: dash pulled on stable when APT::Default-Release is used

Am Mittwoch, den 29.07.2009, 02:25 +0200 schrieb Vincent Danjean:
> Hi,
>
>   Since a few days, on a stable machine (with stable, testing and
> unstable sources for apt but APT::Default-Release set to "stable"),
> "apt-get dist-upgrade" wants to install dash.
>   Can someone explain me why ? Is it due to the fact that dash is
> essential in unstable ?

I assume it is.
I thought I read somewhere that the reason why bash started to depend on
dash would be that apt doestn't pull in new essential packages. Though
on IRC I was told it does that already for a long time.

So if you don't want dash installed to be on a system which mainly uses
stable you have to remove unstable from sources.list

But I think dash doestn't hurt, it's small and I use it as /bin/sh since
a year or so without problems.

--
Felix Zielcke
Proud Debian Maintainer