Re: Question regarding the default system shell

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 02:04:51PM +0200, Siggy Brentrup wrote:
> > > My question is: will it ever happen that I may safely leave
> > >   /bin/sh -> dash
> > Been there. Done that. Had no problems.

Been there too. Done that too. Had no problems as well.

> I'm not sure about it because there were lots of other problems to
> solve when I upgraded my SGI Indy r5k that ran a sid from '04, I

Well, you asked for some feedback and you got some positive. I can
just re-state that positive feedback. I'm writing to you from an
debian/unstable machine which I use daily, and on which I switched to
dash about 6 months ago. Since then I've had not a single problem
... at the point that when this discussion fired up again I had to
check my /bin/sh to be sure that I actually changed the link back
then.

If your '03/'04 memories are different, then apparently we managed to
fix quite a lot of bugs since then :-)

Please give it another try and report any issue you find.

Cheers.