[Answered] Question regarding the default system shell

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 09:58 -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 26 2009, Siggy Brentrup wrote:
>

> > My question is: will it ever happen that I may safely leave
> >   /bin/sh -> dash
> > while running an upgrade without fearing a maintainer script
> > fails?
>
>         I think that any script failure when using dash or bash as
>  /bin/sh would represent a significant bug in that package.
>
>         manoj
>  would be nice if we can say that for more shells than just bash or dash.

OK, I'll switch back to dash just to make sure I don't write bashisms :)

Thanks Manoj and Lars, my concern in this issue is sufficiently answered.

> --
> Sailors in ships, sail on!  Even while we died, others rode out the
> storm.
I like this one :)

keep-a-sailing-at-bft-10
  Siggy
--
Please don't Cc: me when replying, I might not see either copy.
               bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de