Re: Question regarding the default system shell

On Sun, Jul 26 2009, Siggy Brentrup wrote:

> My question is: will it ever happen that I may safely leave
>   /bin/sh -> dash
> while running an upgrade without fearing a maintainer script
> fails?

        I think that any script failure when using dash or bash as
 /bin/sh would represent a significant bug in that package.

        manoj
 would be nice if we can say that for more shells than just bash or dash.
--
Sailors in ships, sail on!  Even while we died, others rode out the
storm.