Re: Switching /bin/sh to dash without dash essential

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 06:31:59PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> Why would you think the one transition would be helpfull in the second
> or that there would be less breakage in the second if we do the first
> one first? I would rather say you are doubling the problems and
> breakages as the two are completly different mechanisms.

Making the shell selectable means more code than hardcoding a single
string. More code means more bugs. Since a bug in this case can result
in an unbootable system, doing things one step at a time so you only
have to look for bugs in one component at a time makes perfect sense
IMHO.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences