Re: piuparts run by every uploader

Hey,

On 21/07/2009 James Vega wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 02:08:26PM -0400, Jonathan Yu wrote:
> > >
> > > http://piuparts.debian.org/sid/maintainer/p/pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org.html
> >
> > Thanks, that link looks neat & should be quite useful for our group.
> >
> > One thing that puzzles me right now is all the unknowns, and it's
> > flagging a bunch of things as: "circular dependency: N/A" -- is anyone
> > else having this issue, and if so, what does it mean?
>
> Q. What does a depends of ''circular dependency'' mean?
> A) perl depends on perl-modules and perl-modules depends on perl. That's an easy one. The more annoying ones are those from different source packages.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/piuparts/FAQ

that in fact means that all packages depending on perl either direct or
indirect have a 'circular dependency: N/A' reported at piuparts.d.o.

is there any chance to get that fixed by either removing the circular
dependency from perl directly or by adding code to manage circular
dependencies to piuparts?

greetings,
 jonas