Re: piuparts run by every uploader

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 02:08:26PM -0400, Jonathan Yu wrote:
> Hi James:
>
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 12:11 PM, James Vega<jamessan@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 11:44:07AM -0400, Jonathan Yu wrote:
> >> Better yet, if we could periodically run it on all of the modules in
> >> our SVN repository (pkg-perl) and display the logs, then it would give
> >> us a nice to-do list of things to look at.
> >
> > http://piuparts.debian.org/sid/maintainer/p/pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org.html
>
> Thanks, that link looks neat & should be quite useful for our group.
>
> One thing that puzzles me right now is all the unknowns, and it's
> flagging a bunch of things as: "circular dependency: N/A" -- is anyone
> else having this issue, and if so, what does it mean?

Q. What does a depends of ''circular dependency'' mean?
A) perl depends on perl-modules and perl-modules depends on perl. That's an easy one. The more annoying ones are those from different source packages.

http://wiki.debian.org/piuparts/FAQ

--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan@debian.org>