Re: How to get all dependent source packages

sha liu <sandyleo26@gmail.com> writes:

> 2009/7/20 Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de>
>

>           sha liu <sandyleo26@gmail.com> writes:
>
>      > Hi everyone,
>      >     Is there any easy method to get all the *source* packages
>      which are the
>      > build dependency of one package?
>      >     What I want to do is building dpkg from source on a CLFS[0]
>      system. So I
>      > have to get all the dpkg's dependency source packages and the
>      dependency of
>      > dependency and so on...
>      >     I look into auto-apt, apt-get builddep. Both of them install
>      the binary
>      > packages to fulfill the dependency, not downloading the source
>      packages.
>      >     It's crazy to download all dependent source packages of dpkg,
>      right? Any
>      > suggestion is welcomed!
>      > [0][[http://trac.cross-lfs.org/]]
>      >     For those don't know clfs, just think a CLFS system as a
>      minimal linux
>      > system without debianization.
>      > --
>      > Best,
>      > Sha Liu
>

>      It is crazy. Or at least in general you can not build a source
>      package
>      without having a full build chroot with binaries already. Just the
>      sources for a minimla build chroot are >800MB already and, last I
>      checked, which is a few years back, include latex and X. Adding all
>      the sources for the Build-Depends of those probably doubles the size
>      again.
>
>      Just build (c)debootstrap manually or use the static one and create
>      build chroot from debs.
>

> Hi Goswin.
>     debootstrap will just install the binaries. However, what I want is
> building binaries on my own. The reason I want to do this is I want to port
> Debian to different arch(MIPS III and loongson 2F), considering there're only
> mips and mipsel port in Debian archive now.

I thought the normal mips(el) port runs just fine on the Longson.

But if you must start from scratch then you have a long road ahead of
you. You need to build a lot of stuff and a lot of that manually till
you have everything needed for a minimal build chroot. Often you will
want to build only parts of a source, e.g. skip all the docs because
you 1) don't need them and 2) don't have latex yet.

MfG
        Goswin