Re: How to get all dependent source packages

sha liu <sandyleo26@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>     Is there any easy method to get all the *source* packages which are the
> build dependency of one package?
>     What I want to do is building dpkg from source on a CLFS[0] system. So I
> have to get all the dpkg's dependency source packages and the dependency of
> dependency and so on...
>     I look into auto-apt, apt-get builddep. Both of them install the binary
> packages to fulfill the dependency, not downloading the source packages.
>     It's crazy to download all dependent source packages of dpkg, right? Any
> suggestion is welcomed!
> [0][[http://trac.cross-lfs.org/]]
>     For those don't know clfs, just think a CLFS system as a minimal linux
> system without debianization.
> --
> Best,
> Sha Liu

It is crazy. Or at least in general you can not build a source package
without having a full build chroot with binaries already. Just the
sources for a minimla build chroot are >800MB already and, last I
checked, which is a few years back, include latex and X. Adding all
the sources for the Build-Depends of those probably doubles the size
again.

Just build (c)debootstrap manually or use the static one and create a
build chroot from debs.

MfG
        Goswin