Re: ia32-libs depends on ia32-apt-get ?

> Aptitude’s (well-known) brokenness is irrelevant. There are many other
> APT frontents, like synaptic, which don’t have broken dependency
> management, and which will fail just as well with ia32-apt-get.
>
> I wonder how you could even think once that diverting apt-get was a good
> idea. If you need to hook into APT to convert packages and package lists
> on-the-fly, work with the APT maintainers so that APT provides hooks
> usable for that effect. But DO NOT BREAK the existing APT configuration.

Please, I do not want to start flamewars, but somebody told me, that aptitude
is the recommended tool to install packages, and apt-get is orphaned.

Hmm, o.k., apt-get is working for me, this is o.k., but I ask myself now: What
is the recommended tool in future? Especially, as the handling of dependencies
and packages in apt-get, aptitude and synaptic are in each different ways.

Again: This shall be no flamewar!!!

Thanks

Hans