Re: Switching the default /bin/sh to dash

"Giacomo A. Catenazzi" <cate@debian.org> writes:

> PS: I think that dash is a step toward a truly posix shell, but it is
> not yet a posix shell: we still need fewer extentions. So in five/ten
> year we will change it again.

I doubt that we're going to move in that direction farther than where
dash already is.  The extensions that are left in dash are by and large
things that people really want to use and that are helpful in practical
ways for writing reasonable scripts.

I think it's more likely that POSIX will end up adopting some of those
extensions.  (I certainly hope this will happen for things like test -a.)