Re: Switching the default /bin/sh to dash

Am Donnerstag 25 Juni 2009 05:21:45 schrieb Raphael Geissert:
> I just noticed I forgot to say something:
> > What won't change:
> > * Bash will still be used as the default interactive shells for users
>
> * the sh symlink won't be modified on existing installations

So that it will be even more strange that a script with bashisms works on some
Debian Squeeze systems but not on others? Yeah, great idea.
And so that all users that upgrade do not benefit from the goal of this change?
Even better.
I usually don't like those not-on-upgrade exceptions.

HS