Re: Switching the default /bin/sh to dash

Raphael Geissert wrote:
dash already has one, the idea is to make it essential and default to yes,
so that as soon as it is installed the symlink is changed. If you wish to
have dash installed but not as /bin/sh you can always dpkg-reconfigure
dash.

Why essential? It doesn't provide anything dash-specific, and I hope
nobody will write a script starting with "#!/bin/dash".

I prefer that we handle it like the libraries:
make it "essential"-like via dependencies of true-essential packages.

ciao
	cate

PS: I think that dash is a step toward a truly posix shell, but it
is not yet a posix shell: we still need fewer extentions. So
in five/ten year we will change it again.