Re: using OpenPGP notations to indicate keysigning practices

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> For example, I think US drivers' licenses are only verifiable by
> someone who's lived in that state or otherwise seen drivers' licenses
> from that state. I really dislike seeing people use them at key
> signings and would rather see people use passports.

Presumably this is because the identity checking for a passport is much
more careful and strict than for a driver's license.

> I suspect you're going to see a ton of them in the 2010 Debconf key
> signing, though, since a lot of people in the US simply never bother
> to get a passport.

Presumably this is because the identity checking for a passport is much
more careful and strict than fro a driver's license.

--
 \         “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, |
  `\   Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this |