Re: [Debconf-discuss] using OpenPGP notations to indicate keysigning practices

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009, Russ Allbery wrote:
> For example, I think US drivers' licenses are only verifiable by
> someone who's lived in that state or otherwise seen drivers'
> licenses from that state.

Nah; there's a guide published[1] which has all of them. [If you're a
bar tender or a notary, you have to be able to check them.]

> I suspect you're going to see a ton of them in the 2010 Debconf key
> signing, though, since a lot of people in the US simply never bother
> to get a passport.

It's no different than the issues with verifying passports; you have
to be familiar with what a valid passport from that country for that
period of time looks like, and know how to read the MRZ code (assuming
the country actually has it.)

I imagine that we can arrange to have a copy of that or a similar book
around for people to compare.

Don Armstrong

1:http://www.amazon.com/Checking-Drivers-License-Company-Publisher/dp/0938964739
--